Thursday, August 17, 2006

Familiar faces... and freedom

Kawan-kawan aku - Sam, Halim, Ajak dan kawan Ajak (Asri kot) sampai malam tadi pukul 12 malam. Dah la lepas touched down tu tak sms (sbb roaming problem kot) tup2 dah sampai lobi hotel. Terkujat dgr suara Sam via hotel phone "Welcome to India" (kejadahnye). It felt so damn good to see familiar faces in this kinda alien environment (not so much anymore after a good 5 weeks).

Anyway, today, while they are having fun going to attractive places in Mumbai (80% of which I myself have not been able to cover during my 3.5 weeks of stay in this city), I was battling thru the most hated stage in any audit - exit meeting.

And it is especially tough (and hated, once again) when you have to argue with the best-lawyers-ever, the people of the "d" land. i lose my cool (like i ever have one pun) before even getting to my second finding - after which things turn out rather easier (to my advantage for losing "my cool") hehe. The whole meeting, joined via teleconference by our manager in Houston, took more than 5 hours (poor guy, it's 4am in the morning over there when the meeting ended by 2.30pm Mumbai time - with Houston behind by 10.5 hours).

But anyway, everything is over now. Just need to follow up on some stupid minor issues remain open. I feel like screaming "Merdekaaa!" - like anybody here knows what it means pun (except Tio perhaps).

Only one thing I found interesting during the exit meeting - to watch two ppl, both from the land of the "d", arguing - one is manoj (from audit team) and another from management. haha. seriously rasa nak tergelak. dua2 belit sama power.

anyway... tomorrow is gonna be my last day in office in this country. so perhaps, this could be my last post to this blog. ever. unless there's another assignment... nah, that's too hopeful. won't happen again in at least 3 years.

danervar for reading this blog...

2 Comments:

Blogger y@tipruzz said...

cuak kan closing meeting, takut kalo auditee lagi terer dari kite hehe..lagi haru kalo kite running out of answer to explain to them :p

8:32 PM  
Blogger ZurratulAin said...

huh? that's it??
continue la blogging.. phleeeshhh!!!!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home